Apr 21, 2010

The Legend of the Triumveri

This legend begins at the end of the Second Age, Eruem had won, but now he had to decide what is to become of the instigators. In the Room of Judgment the gods sat, "Centrus, what is your plea?" Eruem boomed down to where the plotters sat. "Haliax, he..." Centrus's voice faltered. "He convinced me that we could win, that... that with his new powers he could destroy you... I... I'm sorry, Lord Eruem.... please forgive me..." He pleaded. "You  liar!" Haliax spat. "You joined me willingly, I never made you do anything, I could've done it all by my-"
"Enough!" Eruem shouted. "Centrus, I believe your claim, I banish you to never walk in Erutera again. You shall reside in the sea, and that is where you shall remain." A ring of light glowed around where Centrus was bound and kneeled. It flashed and he was gone. "Haliax, I sentence you to burial underground, wrapped in chains of gold and vertalium, suspended over the abyss, forever made of the Dark matter you created, never to exist in Erutera again." The ring glowed. "I'll be back, no prison can hold me, no torture can break me, nothing can stop me!" Haliax defiantly replied. The ring flashed and he was gone.
   Eruem turned to the other gods. "Bring me three of the best heroes from the War." He said. A week pasted. The gods returned with the three heroes. The first was Garrett Fireburst, a swordsman who led his army against the Dark, outnumbered three-to-one and was victorious. The second, was an elf, Pelior, who with his ten other scouts held the Scarlett Pass garrison against the Darkness, for a week, before help arrived. The last, Tirein who was but a child of ten, who four years previously, had jumped off of the roof of his own burning house and killed a gedrud with a kitchen knife, saving his village. He had never said a word after that. "Welcome heroes! I have one request of you, no, a mission. The Dark god Haliax has been imprisoned, but I fear his followers may find a way to set him free. Your mission is to stop all attempts to free him, and to make sure he does not get free. This will not go without a cost however, I will make you immortal and invincible, but you will never be able to see you families again, or live a normal life. You will be slaves to this mission. Will you accept?" The heroes conversed. "We accept." Garrett said. "Very well. Come closer." The heroes approached Eruem. Eruem raised his hand and the three changed. Their clothes became robes of the purest white, great wings of fire and holy light exploded from their backs. Their bodies became like pure magic, and they wielded swords of flame. "Hence forth, you all shall be known as the Triumveri." Eruem said, and then he wept. The Triumveri flew from the room and journeyed to Haliax's prison. There they stand guard, forever watching, waiting. Thus is the legend of the Triumveri.

No comments:

Post a Comment